Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Summer Rain and other welcome surprises...


Ever noticed how much more welcome the sounds and sights of rain are in the Summer? After a sweltering few days I was thrilled to see and hear the rain today! (Unlike the long Fall and Winter here in Oregon when we may get rain for up to 30 days in a row.)

On the other hand, when the Fall and Winter come it is the warm sun bravely shining through the cold and gray that is so welcome. The very same sun I shade myself from in the Summer is the sun that I close my eyes and raise my face to in the Winter--hoping to soak in every last warm ray.

As my mind drifts from the sounds Summer of rain, to the pull of my rather large “to do list” today, I am thinking about the topic of the next Mental Health Tip of the Week. I was thinking about posting on "Procrastination"... but I think I will wait until tomorrow to do that. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Got it! nice! we're not having any rain!
-g.d.